Thursday 23 June 2011

5.5m new airport hill with Piero

When I bumped into Piero at the water cooler he casually dropped into the conversation that he might run out of the office at lunch time, so this was the second opportunity in less than a week to run with the uber elite.

He was prepared for a "low intensity run" to see the trails I do and so I should be able to keep up. I opted for the reverse variation of the new airport hill and it was a great run. Piero graciously ran slowly for me and I don't think his hrt climbed much above 100 through the whole run. He runs like his legs are springs, effortlessly eating the hills and gliding along. I dreamed up very open questions to keep him talking and got some great stories about elite runners in Italy and the mountain races he's done.

I mentioned the Signal race, ah yes I did that a year ago and I was 2nd, was the typical way the conversation went.

We saw a peacock in the park with it's display open which was very nice.

My garmin failed completely so no stats, but roughly 46 mins, so still off my PR but started right away at the office and stopped at co-op so probably a shade more than the normal route.

No comments: