Monday 20 June 2011

8m with the elite ladies



Not been running with Tenke for a while, does that explain the over weight "slow" postings of late?

Our plan was to meet somewhere along the lake front and that worked pretty well as I crossed the bridge I could see Tenke zipping along chatting away to some I'd not met before.

It was Sofia, who has a classment overall in the Tour de Pays Geneve of 5th, so that means she's super fast, just a shade behind Tenke. Just done her first ever half marathon in Geneva and strolled home in 90 mins. Grrr, I've been trying to do that for 10 years.

Tenke wanted to run the Airport hill, so I agreed, but with the new variation to get me back to my office at a decent time.

We chatted away and I was telling Sofia about Jason and Richard, to which she politely inquired "Are they your children?" That sent Tenke and I into fits of giggles.

There was a patch on the field out to the airport woods where there was a bug swarm of Biblical proportions. My  sunglasses were covered in little insects, my light blue top was practically black and yes I managed to swallow one of the critters. Yuck!

Pace picked up somewhere on the plateau and then down back to my finish point felt fast. As we ran over the square in front of the Palais des Nations the water fountains kicked in and covered us in a fine spray of cold water. Perfect finish to a great run.

65 minutes time on feet and it really felt like a good work out, 8 min miles on the aiport hills is repectable enough.

Note to self, run more with Tenke!

Thank you ladies.

No comments: