Saturday 11 August 2012

13.1m slow half

Thankfully the planned run with James was called off at the last minute as I don't think there is any way I could have held his marathon pace for a half today, which was kinnda the plan.

So I was billy no mates on the train to Nyon.

From there I took route 4 all the way back to Rolle, going down to the port via the Pre Vert to make sure of the 13.1 miles.

Struggled more at the beginning and felt better as it progressed.

In Gland just after the river tunnel where the mini hydro station is I thought there were two guys hanging out of the roof of the power station. Actually, it was two biker's all in one leathers hanging, but it really looked like two people!

It is hard to go fast on the trails and I noticed I was a bit faster on the roads.

At the end I made it to marathon pace for mile 12 down to Rolle, but I forgot I was trying to go more quickly until half way through the last mile so tried a sprint finish but even that was not enough to get the last mile under marathon race pace. 1:54 for a half is pretty slow by any standard, but I wanted an easy long run today, so that's what I got. Hrt ave was only 128, felt like I could keep going for ever at that work rate.

Garmin

No comments: