Saturday 18 August 2012

6.2 Sentier des Toblerones

It was the Last day of Kids Games when they go off to Avanches, so dropped off the children at the buses in Gland and noticed that Patrick was there in his running kit, so I suggested we run together. He was planning to run home to Le Vaud up the Sentier des Toblerones and I had nothing in particular in mind so that's what we did.

Great to see Patrick again and run with the mountain legend. The cool of the trees and the running water in the stream were much more enjoyable than the exposed road running I've done lately. We chatted all the way up as far as la Cezille where we hit 30 mins and I decided to turn back.

The way down was easier, but not much faster as this trail is tricky with lots of tree routes and stones to trip over.

Left foot was tight and the strain on the outside of the foot was bothering me more than normal. I think the rough terrain was not helping.

Got back slightly too soon and having only done 8km I added on another 2 by going down the trail past where we had the base camp on the last dangerous wide game and enjoyed those memories.

Good 150m climb today.

Garmin

No comments: