Friday 17 August 2012

6.2m with a fast km

Easy run in the mid-day sun with two interesting bits:

1) A fast 6th km. I have no idea where the thought came from, but it came and stuck and I did it. I ran the 6th km at TPV race pace. I was dying after one minute at 3:36min kms so eased and held it ok till the last quarter where I slowed and finished at 3:50. I should really be able to do that no problem. Breathing was wheezy and head spinning at the end. Legs we fine.

2) Tibet massacre: out side the president Wilson hotel there were about 10 Chinese soldiers with wooden machine guns pointing them at the heads of the kneeling protesters and praying monks. Very effective and successful way to get their point across. I think I feature in some of the press photos! They also had a small army of people collecting signatures and telling people about the show. Pretty impressive operation.

More about my protesting Tibetans

Garmin

No comments: