Thursday 29 January 2009

Measured Reps

Only seven of us made it to the session at the canal today.

I was the only back marker, with the next worst guy clearly in the semi-elite category.

My plan to throw an easy rep before the turn backfired, as the plan was explained. From a certain grey marker point thing to the humped bridge over the side canal is just over 800m. So strides/recovery out to the furthest point then run the section in 2 mintues 30 seconds and 1 minute 30 seconds recovery, so a four minute cycle to be done 6 times.

Unfortunately, it took me 3 minutes 15 seconds to do each rep, so my recovery was only 45 seconds against their 90. Hmmmm. Turns out at the end the point of this VO2 max session was for me to have gone much faster then normal reps, but stop after 2:30 to get the full 90 recovery. Bother, messed that up!

No comments: