Tuesday 26 May 2009

Canal and back

Missed the Lockett Rockets, but instead took the Jean-Marc recovery express up to the canal for the elusive "easy" run.

JM was huffing and puffing and producing lots of stuff from inside him and he was right on my shoulder or pushing past all the way up to the canal, he wanted ten out ten back so we set off steady. Still a detour on the canal due to some works (that look finished too me) after the first side canal. Made it as far as the blue rail bridge. Took a minute or two to recover and then headed back, but I could not resist nudging it up a notch after each bridge, as the noise from JM faded I knew I had put some daylight between us and by the time I was back at the start of the canal there must have been a good 45 seconds between us - to be fair to JM he is still on his way back to fitness and would have buried me a year ago. He's nearly back. Steady clip home to the office, JM thought we did 7 min in total recovery and I clocked us out for 48 in total, which means that was 6.02 miles in 41 minutes, which in the grand scheme of things is not that bad.

Easy week as racing Friday in Hounds and Hare and next Thursday at Vicky park.

No comments: