Monday 18 May 2009

Tuesday Intervals with Rocket Lockets

Was late up to the meeting point so missed the start. Saw Martin heading back to base as he'd had to go earlier - he shouted to me that I should be able to catch them.

No sight of them all the way up, but coming over the bridge at the canal I thought I saw someone I recognised. I pegged him back thinking him to be the back marker, but there was no-one in front of him - I asked him how far the others were in front and his response confused me - they're behind you.

With that I glanced over my shoulder to see the A-team tanking along at full pelt, I duck off the towpath and consider when would be wise to cut in. Andy calls out that they are in a 4 min rep so I sneak in after the elite and try and hold the pace (which I can't) for the rest of the 4.

I eventually work out the session is 4 3 2 1 1 2 3 4 minutes on with half the rep time as the recovery. Paul and Steve and I battle it out for last place and I get lost in amongst the elite a couple of times by not jogging back on the recoveries. The 10km on Sunday and the sharp clip up to the canal took its toll and I could not keep up with Sarah on any of the reps. Managed to hold both Steve and Paul off on the last 4, but Steve reckons he will be fully fit soon and won't be messing around at the back anymore.

With Paul off on hols, looks like I need to work hard at getting some buddies to the canal or I'll be the back marker all over again.....

I'm sure I saw Jean-Marc on the way up there.....

Oh yeah, how did I miss them? Well, they had sneakily gone the "wrong" way at the start so as not to get so far long the canal on the long first rep. Never thought of looking over the other side of the bridge - something worth doing if ever late again.

No comments: