Thursday 21 May 2009

Thursday Intervals with Rocket Lockets

8 times 300, with a generous two minutes recovery between reps.

A very evenly balanced group B, with me holding off and refusing to go past Karen until after the fourth rep. Andy was looking good and pushing out beyond the group on the early reps, which we were doing at around 55.

By rep five I was up for it and kicked through the last 100m. Each rep from then in was harder and faster getting closer to 50. By the last one we were all in a line and I decided to risk leading from the front and at 100 to go the crashing of feet behind signaled a full on sprint that nearly caught the A group who were 10sec ahead. Cleared the lasted one 47 and no-one came past.

There was a dead pigeon on the towpath under the bridge, Andy Wier reckoned he bit the dust at rep 7. The pigeon looked pretty much how I felt!

Steve was there, but doing his own thing as he decide if we locked horns it might get ugly.....

Jean-Marc was up there too, and come through us just before a rep in his direction which he kinna joined in on - I'm looking forward to him coming back to the full sessions. When I first started going he was miles faster than me, now I'm sure the tables have turned.....

I also learnt something vaguely interesting. The reason you double up or squat down instinctively after explosive exercise is to make it easier for the heart to pump the blood around. You learn something new every day!

No comments: