Tuesday 8 September 2009

Reverse Pyramid in Egyptian weather

I was out and at the meeting point ahead of time and enjoyed watching the late comers busting their guts to get there before we left. I was delighted to be joined by Steve Scrutton at the back, he actually physically lifted my shades to check it was me under them. He decided to do the session and I decided to try and go steady with him.

Mr Lockett himself, resplendent in a canary yellow surrey vest, called the session: classic reverse pyramid: 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4 mins on with half the on time recovery in between.

Many Lockets removed their tops at the start as it was so hot, inculding Karen who took off her t-shirt to a few gasps and raised eyebrows, but she was wearing a skimpy top underneath.

Rep one was fine and although hot I had no interest in pegging back Karen's group and settled into a decent pace next to Steve. After a couple of mins I drifted ahead and pushed on. Rep two was a disaster. I set off to fast and realised after 2 of the 3 minutes and stopped after 2 and a half. Got a few seconds recovory before Steve turned the corner and screamed at me to get going as there were still 20 seconds left to do. That got me going again.

Managed the rest of them better, resisting the temptation to challenge as the elite went through at the homeward 3 and 4 mins. Certainly felt fast in the heat. Made it all the way to the park.

Could feel the Tibialis Posterier on the last rep, possible that the form fell away on that one.

2 comments:

Another Scottish Bloke said...

No easing off to get over the injury then?

FitScottishBloke said...

no, physio's orders. Run hard and see how it goes.