Sunday 6 September 2009

Sunday Run

No drama today although it was a nightmare to sort out.

Simon needed to be back by 8 for an airport run, as did I. Kenny was whining about the speed, start time etc before we even arranged the session and Paul was trying to go before everyone else had got up. And Dave, oh yes, Dave - what have you done? Once again he failed to run a marathon this time entering the half by mistake and only finding out after he drove to Wolverhampton. Opps.

In the end everyone turned up and nearing the summit of the first hill Kenny was still talking! This is major progress. He also veered off on his own after deciding the 7:30 pace was too stiff and he wanted to go long. That left Simon, Paul and I for the Heartwood loop and Paul is definitely back. Simon needed us to slow him down as he is on taper for a marathon next week and we achieved that nicely.

As for me zone 3 and 4 workout never troubled the heart or lungs or legs and cruised through the 8 miles at ave 7:38 pace.

Compared to last time when I could only do 8:30s that's got to be good.

Best bit was at the end stretching off with Paul at the end of the road this guy from circuits goes by at 11min mile pace with the missus in tow and we acknowledge each other. As they turn for the hill I shout "Come on, kick for the push up the hill!". We thought that was hilarious.

1 comment:

David Moritz said...

hmmm. i wouldnt say it was my fault this time. I entered the full yet they placed me in the half. Not the best trip ive had