Saturday 12 September 2009

Short sharp shock

Having slept a massive 11 hours and rested on Friday I was full of energy and just felt the need for speed, especially as tomorrow will be long and painfully slow.

So I headed down to the newly tarmac-ed Luton cycle way with the Garmin set up for 4 sets of 4mins on 2mins off. My ambition as ever is to get one km cleared in each on set.

And for the first time since April this year I managed it. Reps one and two were 1.02 and 1.01 km each. Felt fast and hard, but yet again it was the lungs holding me back. Felt a shade wheezy and realised I had forgotten to take my asthma medication in the morning. Decided to focus on form for the return legs and breath steady. Felt like I'd eased off massively, but had found a rhythm and held it for home last two reps we 980m each - the last one I had to stop for a car on Westfield road.

Delighted with that little test as hrt on the on was zone five for the second half in each one and recovery was swift, two mins may be generous as the drop off to zone one is around 90 seconds. I think I'll clear 8km at sub 4min km before dropping the recovery to 1m.

1 comment:

Another Scottish Bloke said...

Well done! Hope the progress continues.