Wednesday 3 March 2010

10km in 52 mins: Rivers, parks and another ex-rocket

I'd arranged to meet an ex-locket today to get the inside track on running away from the lake.

Tenke was there right on time and we were away. Dodging in and out of the road works and trams and trolley buses we followed the Rhône as it flowed out of the lake and towards the med. We stayed with it for 3 miles, with Tenke calling the paths on the few occasions I drifted ahead.

The riverside path was great. Mainly woodland with some steep sections and a couple of bits so steep you had to walk up.

Tenke can do a half marathon in 1:14. Yes, I double checked that number. Not 1:24, but 1:14. So I was very glad this was an easy run - although I spent most of it in zone 3 or zone 4.

We were cruising at around 5 min kms, and ave pace was 8:30 min miles, but that was very lumpy due to the terrain.

I'm not so sure how I will get on if we try reps or a tempo, but that's for another day....

No comments: