Thursday 25 March 2010

5m Botanical Gardens

The last time I was out on the north bank it was a frozen waste land covered in ice. Today I needed shades, a short sleve shirt and shorts.

Wind was oddly with me outbound and against on the return today, so take something from progressively faster miles. I've completely lost my ability to run quickly.

Found a nice route with an underpass that connects the lake to the parks on the other side of the main road.

Was struggling to hold the pace at sub 8min miles. Far to much slow running lately, so I am forcing myself to think more about the training and focus on getting at least one good rep session and/or a tempo run done each week.

Tomorrow will be the Tenke Tempo. That should speed me up a bit....

ps Looking at the Garmin this was a very steadily increasing pace run. Finished last mile at 7:30 pace and each one was faster than the last one.

No comments: