Tuesday 23 March 2010

11x 1min off 30

Just had enough time to squeeze in today's reps.

Naked lady statue gave me a stern look which said something like "No stopping on the recoveries!" I didn't - honest - ask the Garmin.

Planned to do 5 out and 5 back, but uncle Garmin tells you reps to go (including the one you are doing currently) so after 6 I was still out bound and now struggling to make it back in time for my next meeting.

The reps were dire in terms of preformance and consistency. First one was way to fast (5:10 min mile pace) followed by 4 progressively slower ones, bottoming out at 6:43 pace! Then there were people to catch which helped gague the pace and I evened out at around 6:00 min miles. Last few got down below 6:00 min miles and were progressively stronger, although I felt I worked harder for them.

Only realised I was on the 11th when I thought a minute must be up, and the Garmin said run until you press lap. That one was 5:52 pace!

The HRT graph showed an appropriate drift up, but while on the ground it felt like 100% zone 5 of the 11 minutes flat out running only 6 of them were in zone 5.

Looking forward to the re-arranged Tenke Tempo on Friday.

No comments: