Sunday 21 March 2010

10M Perroy error

My plan today was to go long and easy. Out by the lake as far as I could towards Lausanne.

I had checked the map and while on the ground there were "Private keep out signs" it all looked petty passable. First secton was fine, but as the mansions became less grand I could actually see people in their houses as I ignored the private signs. I had to take next lane up to the main road. From here I missed the tourist walking signs and cut across a vineyard to get on the road to Perroy. Got there two miles in and then error number two was not going 100 yards to get to the next set of yellow signs, but following the ones pointing ominously towards the hill. I should have cut back at the railway crossing, I should have cut back at the motorway crossing, but a little voice told me that one day doing these hills will payback. So, I went for it. Straight up again, incline touching 9% and reducing me to walking pace in places. Slowest mile came in at 12:26!

Had enough. Looped around Bougy-Villars and dropped back down the way I had come. 612 feet in 2 miles. Even the down was too steep to enjoy and felt a niggle in my left shin.

Well slower than Kenny pace I looped around Perroy, which is a lovely village. Stumbled across the cafe I'd had drinks in with some friends years ago and a church where some friends were married, again years ago. Roast chicken stand was doing a roaring trade and if I had had 20 francs I'd have bought one too!

Cheered up abit by Perroy I headed on back lakewards and found my yellow signs. Make it to the Allaman beach and Abounne River nature reserve. From here St. Prex is signed and I know most of that route is lake side, so I'm hoping to get there next time!

Very slow. I was tired and the hill punched the energy I did have out of me. Ave. pace was 9:55 and even trying to "tank" the last mile home I only managed it in 8:30! Total time was 1h 36m 48s and I only did 9.76 miles.

No comments: