Tuesday 4 May 2010

5.8m lost in Geneva

Blowing a gale today. Flower pots and chairs bouncing around the patio when I got up this morning.

As it stayed dry I decided to see what was happening up by the part of the Geneva Half that I have never run before.

Rather than trace the route I thought I'd see what was on the left bank of the Rhone, I always go on the rails on the right bank. Well, I found out. A dead end, that's what. A concrete promentary marks the (click here) junction between the Arve and the Rhone.



There is a swan's nest just to the Arve side and also a set of canoe gates. Back out and over to the other side. A new bridge is being built here so the footpaths both sides of the river were blocked.

I got completely lost and had to use the GPS to get back to the start. On the way back stumbled across Calvin and his reformation mates carved on a massive wall (see below, click on the picture to get it to open up fully).

Climbed to the top of the old town and took the lift down to lake level with a guy on bike who wanted me to run around the lift as it went down. I made an appropriate Gaelic jesture as I could not be bothered trying to converse in French.

No comments: