Thursday 13 May 2010

6m Allaman to Buchillon

Text from Jason read "if it is raining, or if it rains, I'll see you at 7am". That's the kind of running buddy I appreciate, priorities in the right place! So met Jason for an easy six. Needed to be back by 8:30 so we cheated and drove to the plage at Allaman. Through the river area, over to Buchillon and looped back on some new footpaths giving a nice twist to the run.

Turns out Jason knows not only the people who are coming to lunch today, but also knows Richard of 1,000ft fame. Everyone is connected here. I'm also sensing a running group forming here....

Anyway, back in the woods and about a mile out from the car we get some time pressure and so Jason suggests upping the pace. We take the direct route through the woods, this bit was fun. With the brakes of we tanked it though the woods, me calling the downed trees and branches to get over or under. The path was narrow and the floor of the forest was covered in little white flowers which gave of a lovely sweet smell.

Then, as we draw closer to the car, Jason suggests getting the hrt up and pelting it back. I figure we've half a mile left so agree to 80% to the turn then full on all the way back - er the car is not at the turn? Too late, Jason has made the call and now we're already moving more quickly than I've ever done with Mr 10min miles (we nearly had an 11 minute mile today) and as we get to the corner I sense the gap growing as I ramp up to full speed for the last clip to the car. I'm almost recovered as Jason rocks up. Job done.



Note to self, check out the loop by continuing on at the woods and see if the path is ok all the way to the other side of the river we are normally on.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Niall, you're very gracious with me, the truth is when you said lets hold 80% I was already at 100 and when you said lets go all out, my eyebrows got singed when you kicked in the afterburner!