Tuesday 10 August 2010

10m and the easy 3.5m run

Not been out for a while. Semi-intentianal taper.

Ran round the island last week in three stages. First from Kames bay to the water sports centre, where with Grandad and the kids we waited for Katja, Ru and Davina to catch up. The latter two arrived on a tanden, newly weds!

I asked for and received a start for the next stage to Fintry. I was sure they were going to catch me any minute and that supured me on. On the little climb to the BBQ corner at Fintry I overtook an English couple on bikes. They asked for a tow! At the top I heard the lady say to the bloke let's catch that guy on the down hill. So they tried. Each time I heard them get close I accelerated. By the time I got level with the cafe I was at full race pace with two very surprised cyclists zooming along next to me. I side stepped on to the pavement and stopped dead at the cafe and watched the guys on the bikes trying to figure out what had just happened.

About two mins later Paul appears going like the clappers with Ru in his slip stream trying very hard to get past with Davina screaming for him to slow down on the back of the tandem. Brilliant. Then Katja and Lia come in followed 5 mins later by Dugald compaining bitterly about cycling around the island on his own!

Last leg was nice enough, with the no over taking grandad rule meaning the pace was much slower. Nice touch from Paul though as he came back to keep me company!

Bit of tennis and swimming in the lake (highlight was ambushing Richard in the deep water), but unfortunately went over on my left ankle during the tennis. It is stiff and tight.

Ran today, super slow Park Eaux-vives easy route with a few strides and a couple of race pace spurts which felt ok if tentative on the left leg, especially on the up hills.

No comments: