Tuesday 17 August 2010

3.5m Easy run



Usual stuff, but with a couple of twists.

Firstly, I noticed my hrt spike straight away, right into zone 5 and I was bearly moving. I eased off and told my heart to beat slower and sure enough it dropped away and I held the slower pace and dropped right into zone 1 before I was comfortable again. What was that all about?

By this time, slow runner and mad ginger bloke had gone past. I caught a group of super slow runners then closed on the slow runner. But mad ginger bloke (mgb) was going crazy. First he zig zags on the prom. Then he jumps onto the higher level and takes 100s of tiny steps at pneumatic drill speed before slowing to run pace. He did that a few times.

At the naked lady I tried to throw in a km or so at 4 min per km pace. I got close, but felt the effort and then it settled just of 4s. Zone 4. Disappointing, but that's life. At least that got me past mgb who by this time was stationary.

Instant recovery back to zone 1. Nice. Loving that. Jog back and enjoyed the Park trails - ate the hills nicely.

So that's me all set for etape deux demain. There, I've gone native now....

No comments: