Sunday 26 September 2010

10m Bursinel loop

Normal I head out in the direction of Lausanne, but today I decided to try for Geneva.

I went straight to the castle, the port, then up. Out towards the Pre Vert and a nice loop up and down through their grounds back onto the dreaded route swiss. Main lake drag to Gland, big busy and straight. Came off at the Bursinel loop and picked up cycle route 1 for the return leg.

Added Perroy via Mont-sur-Rolle to get the time to 1h 30mins and the distance over 10 miles. Was super slow and apart from some hrt spikes on the hills 9 min miles up until the last 3 km when I kicked for home looking for TRP.

This was nicely acheived (ok so it is maily down hill) but I noticed the speed come and enjoyed how my hrt stayed low, even with more than an hour already in the legs.

Garmin here.

Next up is a hard week. Focus on longer threshold runs at speed. I have the speed over short distances, I have the time on feet. Just need to combine them.

No comments: