Thursday 16 September 2010

6x 400m Reps

Very busy at the track today, got quieter as the workout went on.

Watched the guys and gals in orange numbered bibs with a coach working on the track when I arrived, but was reasured I could use the track when the coach shouted at orange bibs to get out of the road of a guy with a garmin crashing around on the inside lane.

Noticed a group of uber elite forming and thought about joining them. Glad I did not as they just ran the perimiter loop several times.

Rather than 8-10 poor reps I did 6x400 of 45s recovery and started reasonable and tried very hard to keep the pace even at around 80% of max.

Started at 85 and by the 2nd last rep was 82, falling off to 86 on the last one. That’s same fastest as July, BUT average is miles better, by the 4th rep in July I was in the 90s.

I was tired having been out with the stars of TVP the night before and not 100%.

Pleased with the session, thanks to Tenke's elite training tips I feel the progress is coming.

Garmin

No comments: