Thursday 23 September 2010

6m Geneva Track: 3x800m solid and 5x100m easy

From town out and back is 6m plus what we did at the track.

We did three 800m loops. Garmin data here (last 800m I pressed lap twice hence the wierd set).

We debated the pace long and hard, getting over the confusion of me talking in min kms and Tenke wondering why I wanted to do 800 in 4min - like what's the point dude?

Anyway, I asked for a bit 4min km pace and boy did I get it. After the first 400m, I get an opps sorry that's a shade fast from Tenke and she eases of a bit.

Rep 1: 2:51 or 3:27 min km pace
Rep 2: 2:53 or 3:32 min km pace

I thought we were doing two 800m, but somehow I knew there would be a third.

Rep 3: 3:01 or 3:42 min km pace: Tenke just eased through it and the class showed. I could just not hold the pace on the second 400m.

All three hit zone five after 400m.

We finished up with 5x 100 strides, which were fun. I had to try so hard to keep the pace down to 18s, but did let rip on the last 30m of the last rep to clear the 5th in 16s.

Was worth it for the look on Tenke's face and the comment "where did that come from?"

There were plenty of guys with 6 packs strutting their stuff around the track. Why do so many men here insist on runnig bare topped? or worse, with only a hrt strap on? Odd Odd Odd.

Went over on left ankle under a bridge on the way back, hurt a lot at the time but was ok to run back on.

No comments: