Sunday 23 January 2011

11.4m Bursinel Dully Gland

I'd been checking out this website which I recommend highly to anyone doing anything outside in Switzerland.

Swiss Maps

From it, I decided to explore route 4 heading towards Geneva from Rolle and I was not disappointed. Picked up the route from the port and no problems following the 4 signs all the way to Gland.

Unfortunately, I had to run back into the Bisse wind and the exposed sections next to the road and then next to the railway were grim. I decided to push for home and broke the 8min mile barrier on the last km which was something of an acheivement against the wind.

Still pretty slow, but the route was all new and I had stop many times to check the map as the way back had plently of sections where I was not too sure what was on the other side of the hill.

Highlights were going past Christel and Richard's place in Dully, the woods behind Dully, the toblerones just before Gland and re-connecting to route 4 on the way home!

Garmin

No comments: