Tuesday 25 January 2011

5m 8min rep cycle

Great workout in lovely conditions, if a shade cold.

4x the 8min cycle, which is 5mins hard, 30s recovery 1 minute fast 90 seconds recovery

I decided to not get too hung up about the 5min cycles and focused on making the 1m sections count. In my head I had it that I needed to clear at least a 1km through the 4 one mins. Should be easy.

The last and the 2nd saved me, well under the 4min km pace required and others were on the mark, so that was good, finally going a little faster.

The 5mins were not that bad, coming in around the 7:20-30min mile pace which is significantly faster than my regular cruising speed.

Run highlight was the misty view of Geneva at the turn, outline of the old town with the water jet in front. What a great place to run.

Garmin

No comments: