Friday 14 January 2011

Reps 10x 2mins on 1min off

5 out and 5 back. I just could not get going, felt sluggish.

Then, half way into rep 4 I see Aurelian running back to Geneva, I called out, "catch you on the way back!".

That injected some meaning into the activity and I noted 6 runners between him and I. To make catching him easier I did not go too hard on rep 5 and did the recovery heading home, rather than keeping going outbound on the last recovery as is my normal habit.

Great to catch the groups ahead and by rep 7 I thought I could see him. Big push for the last two reps, but I only caught 5 of the required 6. Back at the office he admitted that his run became seriously motivated after he saw me and he tanked it back determined not to have me catch him. So our chance encounter did us both some good.

I was stiff from skiing still. And slow. But, the hrt was far too low, pushing only gently into zone five on the last two reps. Pathetic performance, only made 485m on the longest rep (normally my 4min reps are faster) but I'll try again next week with something similar and see how I get on. Aurelian was showing an interest in the running track....

Garmin

No comments: