Sunday 16 January 2011

14.3m St. Prex Long and Slow

Long and super slow, just kept inside 10min miles.

At least I know I can still get the distance in when required.

Muscles still hurting from skiing.

Was nice to be out and with no garmin to bug me and no-one to run with - it was my choice to go long and slow.

Saw the run rise over the French Alps on the other side of the lake - an orange ball peeking over the heights and then rising to take the edge of the frost and heat me up. Saw a heron fly out to the lake along the line of a stream which was spectacularly beautiful, with the right camera that image would win an award!

I was suffering most on the upper thighs (which should not be working so much anyway) and so some high knees and heel kicks kept me moving as I could feel my jog turning into a shuffle as I seized up en route so kicked for 20s and then kept going. I made a mistake in Perroy on the return as after the cobbles I saw the gate and heard the ghost of Jason breathing down my neck and he made me sprint to the gates. Well, it felt like a sprint, but was probably 8min miles!

So longest time on feet so far in Switzerland 2h 21m. Oh dear. I feel the need for some speed work before doing that again....

MapMyRun

1 comment:

Jason said...

ooohaaaawooooh, This is the Jason ghost breathing down your blog! Well done on the 14.3m, in the dead of winter that's quite an accomplishment. My day will come when I crash through those gates ahead of you, but its not looking like it will be very soon, as the only running I'm doing these days is to my class and back (about 100m) so perhaps that's good for my final sprint section. My blog is temporarily Out of Order, but another bud has sprung up in the meantime. If it prickles your interest:

http://www.2011yearofthewriter.blogspot.com/
Cheers, and greetings to the family
Jason