Thursday 13 January 2011

7m Airport hill and woods

All on my own and no garmin.

Stiff from skiing still and feeling tired I talked my self into running the hill, the hill, the hill. I figure the more I do it, one day I will just glide effortlessly up it. But not today.

Rewarded a few times:

By the call of the birds in the trees at the woods on the top of the route
The fountain outside the chuch that has been protected from the ice that I could drink from
By the stunning views to Mont Blanc over the lake on the way down the hill

And finally, I was punished:

In the Botanic gardens they were using a high powered water jet to clean the bird poo out of the empty duck pond, yup I got a face full of water and duck muck mist!

Such are the joys of running in Geneva. 1h 2mins time on feet so not much to shout about, but more time on feet, it all counts.

No comments: