Thursday 15 December 2011

6m Brooklyn Bridge




I set off with a loop in mind that would take me round the bottom of Manhattan Island and then over the brooklyn bridge footpath.

The tall buildings did not help garmin get a signal so I made my way to the waterside where sure enough it worked. Found the cycle way and was rewarded straight away with views over to the statue of liberty as dawn broke.

Round the statten island ferry, through Battery Park and then I took a footbridge over the main road a bit too soon as I missed city hall and was back on the other side of the island underneath the bridge I wanted to be on.

A guy in a blue top was on the other side of the road so I just followed him and sure enough in a few minutes I was on the footpath over the Brooklyn bridge. Awesome. Stunning. Massive. Highlight of the trip to NY. Ran as far as the welcome to Brooklyn sign then headed back for the hotel along Water street.

Garmin.

No comments: