Wednesday 21 December 2011

6.1m Airport hill in slush

Wet rain on top of snow. Decided to go again and no-one wanted to come!

Did the airport hill traditional direction first and made the error of trying to do the lower field. The top path was just about visible, but after the turn to come down the path vanished under the wet snow. The rain had left a layer of snow on top of the grass which covered the mud and water. There was not enough snow to offer any grip and I crashed down the hill pretty much out of control and only just managing to stay up right. Wet and muddy along the bottom and I was a puddle dodger in extremis as I did not want to be wet in the cold.

Top was slushy and wet. Woods were not anywhere near as nice as they where on Monday now the snow has half gone.

This time no gloves, so ran with the sleeves of my top tucked around my hands to keep them warm. More comedy running. 

Garmin

No comments: