Saturday 7 July 2012

12.7m Nyon Rolle

Out on my lonesome today for one of my favourite routes. 7:12 train to Nyon and back on the route 4 and route 3 trails back to Rolle.

Dramatic views over the lake from Prangins and as I came down to Promenthoux beach there was a hot air balloon raising majestically over the lake. Also saw a couple coming into the beach on stand up paddles.

Only one golfer on the golf course and then thought about cutting it short, but decided to do the sentier des toblerones up to the railway. Lots of slippy tree roots and stones and right angle turns to was super focused on staying upright. Managed to the railway and just as I was thinking the tough bit was done, I notices someone come out of the building next to the railway and lots focus, stepping on a big concrete thing and nearly sending me over - I thought I'd twisted something but as the foot hit the ground it held up ok. Phew!

In the forest behind the Ligniere hospital I was admiring their panels with the little meditation text so much I missed the route 4 turn and ended up at the route Swiss, but it was ok as there I could double back on a riverside path I have never been on before.

At La Dollle, just before the river I was faced with a large group of swiss german walkers who wanted to visit the historic building on the other side of the railway. Jason and I have been over there and it is very definitely private property - so I explained to someone who could speak french, that they had better not cross the bridge and just follow the path.

Garmin

No comments: