Sunday 1 July 2012

6.25m easy like Sunday morning.....

My attempt at a last minute rally of everyone I know who runs in the area resulted in a much better bag of excuses than normal.

Mr Leakey winning the best excuse with I cycled round the lake yesterday - that's 183km btw!

So it was James and Victoria who showed up in the rain neither of whom I had ever run with before, in fact I have only just met Victoria the Wed before and this was the first time I'd ever met James.

James is preparing for Amsterdam (marathon) so he's committed to a pretty gruelling training plan. He'd done 16 in the heat of the day yesterday so an easy run in the rain was probably ok.

The rain hit Rolle at 5:23 when I was woken by an almighty thunder clap followed by the battering of the rain on the roof - I lept out of bed to sort out the table on the balcony and then struggled to get any more sleep before the RV.

James was right on time and Victoria's train was 2mins later.

We did the high Perroy route to get the hill out of the way asap and Victoria's answer to all route related questions was either "down" or "back".

Back at Rolle Victoria kindly offered to sort out the croissants at the bakery while James and I ran out to the end of the port and back. On the way back from the port there was a guy jogging ahead and I figured we could catch him and James agreed. We got him at the castle! That explains the silly sub six min mile section.

So all in all a great introduction to running with James and Victoria.

Guys - you missed out!

Garmin

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Thanks for a fab run this morning - the first of many I hope - also thanks for the danish pastry!

Badz said...

Nice run guys - hopefully the first of many. I will need to get used to talking whilst running though after years of being a solo runner!
Sorry I couldn't hang about after.