Friday 6 July 2012

5m Bout du Monde track

Tenke suggested a meet at the track, but it is a fair old way down to Bout du Monde from Nations, with the bus doing a tour of Geneva and taking 35 minutes, I was sure I could do better. So I made a mental note of the Trams and buses that might help me and got one strait away that would get me, er, to the bottom of the hill and it went at walking pace. Ran the length of the tram 12 route and 4 came the opposite way and not one over took me. Decided to stick to the riverside trails and be a shade late. The Arve was in full spate after all the rain we've had - it was menacingly cold, grey and dramatic.

Tenke was there already knocking out 100m on/off so I joined in and survived 4 laps of that to do 8x 100m on 100m off. I had to ask for more recovery time as it was too fast for me. It was very hot and I've no idea how fast I was going.

Tenke kindly jogged me back to the tram stop where I was able to sprint for a tram and that got me all the way to Bel Air Citi from where I got a bus up the hill to 22 cantons and jogged to the co-op for some food.

Totally whacked.

Garmin

No comments: