Sunday 8 July 2012

5m Allaman Buchillon

The rain was battering down and had woken me early this morning. However, as the appointed time to meet Richard drew closer it eased off slightly and when he arrived the thunder and lightening had passed and the rain was just "heavy" whereas earlier it had been at "monsoon" levels.

We drove to Allaman and I kicked myself at not having made contact properly with Steve as he'd sent me a text which had crossed with Richard's email so we missed each other today. We passed Perroy 15min too early and in a car rather than on foot. Sorry Steve!

The forest offered some protection from the rain, but was pretty wet with lots of puddles. I nearly went over trying to avoid one and then banged my head on a branch.

Crossed the Aubonne and looped around Buchillon before guessing a route through the forest which worked to get us back to the Aubonne crossing.I bumped a branch that sprayed Richard. Enjoyed that moment :)

Looped back on the high road and we were both delighted to see the car.

As usual great therapy to run with my dear buddy from Burtigny.

Garmin

No comments: