Wednesday 23 June 2010

10x 200m reps 6miles

Up to the stadium today. Felt like a long way there today, but perhaps that was more to do with the fact this was the third day on the trott of running with Tenke, I was tired!

By the time we got to the stadium, I had satellites finally locked on and my workout uploaded the night before we were ready to rock.

Plan was I'd push out on the first 100m of each rep, Tenke would draw level at this point and hold the pace for me through to the 200m point. I'd programmed 45s recovery which was enough time to jog to the next line and go again. Top tip, don't trust the garmin on the track, I found the lines on the ground are more accurate - but pressing lap does the trick when you hit the line.

After 3 reps my hrt was hitting 90% of max and I could not think straight. It felt like the track was the wrong length!

Tenke had a massive bruise on her leg from trying to get into a swimming pool when the metal barrier sprang back and whacked her. The injury was deep and getting worse. Tenke switched from running buddy to coach, calling the times of my reps and how many left. She also cut across the track to wait for me at the correct line which was just as well as I had no idea what was going on.

Easy back on new route 2.6 miles makes this the nicer and shorter route.

I really needed a drink and Tenke was gutted when I stopped at a big ornate fountain that had a water spout a foot to far away for her to reach. Luckily a short jog took us to fountain stop two which was as Tenke put it "short people friendly".

No comments: