Wednesday 30 June 2010

9m including 8x 300m of 60s

Third week of track work and as we increased to 300m my ambitions to do ten were never likely to come to fruition due to the jump being too big and the weather being too hot.

After my error at the begining we ran away from the track which was pretty dumb and too over four miles at just under 8s.

Long route to the track (4.12m)



At the track there were some serious looking groups hanging around and after a quick water stop we were away.

During rep two I discovered shouting "Track!" in a French accent had the desired effect as the bloke on the inside lane jumped out the road and the ones on the outside drifted out to let us through.

First few were fine and Tenke creamed past in the first few seconds and pulled away, I could hold the gap at a few meters on the first 3 but by the fourth I could not keep the speed and my time had dropped from 56 to 59. Tenke was cross, what's the point of doing 10 if you cant even hold the pace on 4? 5th was a joke as was 6th at 66 and 67 respectively, but then we agreed to call it a day at 8 and by now I had recovered and cleared the 7th in 55. Head was swiming, heat was searing and I felt like I was going to die. 8th was 64 and I could do no more. Water then home, on the direct route!

Hrt was maxed out on the sub 60 reps and made zone 5 on all of them. Nice to see the instant drop to zone 3 as soon as I stop.

Short route back from the track (2.71m)



Stopped at every fountain for water. I was very tired after the track. At the last one I put my head right under, instant recovery.

Very pleased with the day's work.

No comments: