Wednesday 16 June 2010

6m Geneva Track and 8x 100m

London weather. Rain. More rain. Lets go to the track. Do we have to? enquires Tenke, yes is the answer.

3 miles later we are there and it is a lovely track. Great condition and fantastic value for money. One guy jogging around and another doing 400m reps or something.

I suggest a few 100m sprints and we settle on run up the track, turn jog back as the recovery and go for 8.

The shocking revelation is that due to my long stride, ability to accelerate quickly, and perhaps more to the point, Tenke's lack of race fitness means that my 16 or 17 seconds to clear the 100m is just faster than she can do it. Wow. I've never been in front of Tenke before, and it is a weird sensation to hear her footfalls behind me. All 8 reps were steady with first two no bother and the rest all well into the 95% range and the jog back just about right to get the hrt back to somewhere sensible for the next one.

7:45min miles out and 8 min miles back.

Tenke nearly jumped a pram, but decided against it, to show solidarity with my decision to abstain from dog jumping...

No comments: