Saturday 24 March 2012

10.3m lazy days (37m week)

I woke up today thinking about a massive run, but the snivels and legs and brain all agreed don't do it.

So I listened to the advice of my advisors, but by the time I was up and eating the need to do something was there. I had to be back by 10:30 so I figured an easy 10 miles would fit the bill and it was shorts and shades weather so of I went.

Took the new Perroy route out and forgot I did not need to come into Perroy, but as I like bridges and tunnels I was not that fussed about that.

On the section above Perroy that Steve showed me the recycling place was going mental and this section had lots of traffic. Normally when I go through here there is no one.

Wood peckers were making a racket in the woods and the river is fully flowing which makes it look much more impressive than usual. The tree that went down a few weeks ago looks like it has always been there.

The lake authorities dropped the level of the lake a while back and it means you have an odd lake side feature where the newly exposed rocks are clean (ie white) and the exposed ones are black. So the old level and new level are obvious. Noticed this at both Allaman and Perroy beaches.

On the way through the campsite I saw our old neighbours pitching their tent so stopped for a chat. They'd driven their new caravan all the way back from Denmark (16 hour drive) and will live at the campsite rather than our building for the summer before returning home. They've got a brilliant pitch and are 10m from the edge of the lake. On a sunny calm day it looks like they've made a great decision!

Picked up the last three miles looking for TRP and found it!

Garmin

No comments: