Sunday 11 March 2012

13.1 half marathon test run 1h43m (39.7m this week)

Ok so fast Friday, followed by rest Sat, meant time for a half marathon time trial with the aim of being better than TRP, that's 8 min miles.

So the excuses were as follows: as I needed to get back by 8am (to get to La Dole by 9am to make sure we got the full half day skiing in) I had to set of at 6:15am; to get some food in me I was up at 5:45; so not enough time to digest before running; it was pitch black for the first few miles; it was bitterly cold for the first few miles; it was very very windy, especially on the first few dark uphill miles, the Bise was blowing at me like it wanted to push me home.

Still I kept going and fought my way back to TRP after the depressing 8:30 mile one. I saw the dawn which is always a great way to lift the spirits and pushed on knowing at mile 4 when I turned down it would indeed be down and I'd get the wind behind on from the bottom of the Aubonne back to Rolle.

Managed Steve's lake side route into Rolle correctly adding Perroy plage to the route.

Got to the port about 3 miles too early so added on the extra by looping round the Rosey, should have just gone for the pre-vert but thought that might take me over and I was time pressured.

Took one gel after one hour and did not need a second. Half cleared in 1:43 so in theory same again gets me home just inside the 3h30m time I am shooting for. However, half way is really mile twenty.

Garmin

No comments: