Friday 30 March 2012

10.5m lake side

I dashed down to the boat stop and got there just as it pulled out. I thought about jumping the gap between the pier and the boat, but the driver was shaking his head and I had visions of falling in the water or breaking something if I fell onto the boat so I had to change plans.
I decided to go out around the lake anyway. It was hot, sunny, but la Bise was blowing hard. So I tried to just hold 8 min miles to save my effort for the far side of the lake when the wind against. I worked that reasonably well and was inside my 8 min miles at the turn. I felt a little niggle in the left calf that put any ideas of tanking it back with the wind behind out of my plans.
There was a guy out on the lake on a windsurf and he was getting some amazing speed going. Ran past a couple of other guys setting up their boards. Over took a lady at the far end who seemed surprised and then on the way back she was stretching in the sun and gave me a friendly smile. Only the decent runners make it out beyond the yacht club!
The niggle eased off and I just settled down to a pace that was less perceived effort than the outbound leg. Turned out that it returned a pace of 7:30 min miles.
The clue that Geneva says it is officially spring is in all the tables and chairs out on the lake side for the cafe dwellers and the dumb tourist trap train is back. Had to doge it on the way back.
Crossed the bridge and into the wind, had to do a wee loop around the bottom field to make certain I would burst 10 miles and if you count the failed bid for the boat it was more like 11. Even into the wind holding TRP was no problem. Happy days!

Garmin

No comments: