Sunday 4 March 2012

10.5m Allaman loop (34 mile week, 3 active rest days)

I decided another easy run was in order today and blessed with a warm morning and Steve's new route I headed out pretty much the same way as I had with Steve. However, rather than turn down I kept going to reach the outlet Aubonne and crossed the railway at the metal bridge connecting Denner to Cornaz cement.

Then picked up the same route as before. There were more cars parked at the start of the Aubonne footpath than I have ever seen before and there were mountain bikers, walkers, dog walkers, but the most numerous were the fishermen. Every tree or bit of land jutting out into the water had at least one fisherman on it. I came across a group that looked like they might be on their permit to fish course.

I forgot to mention the tree yesterday: the river is in full spate and has erroded around one of the trees that used to be next to the river and felled it in such a way that the river now goes around the root ball and on the far side the tree was tall enough to get jammed onto the far bank - creating a natural bridge over the Aubonne!

The birds must think it is spring as they were churping away very cheerily in the woods and that took my mind of the slow miles (yes it's ok it's an easy run, no you are not going to slip in a couple of mile reps to make things more interesting.......)

Steve had mentioned that the bottom vine route takes you to Perroy plage and from there it is possible to get back to Rolle with out coming onto the route suisse (except to cross it). So I tried that and made one error, which was not to go back down towards the lake at the end and so ran one block on the route suisse, but now I know where the road goes I'll be fine next time. Thanks for the tip Steve.

Garmin

No comments: