Friday 9 March 2012

7m fast lake side with a killer Pierro one mile sprint

Set off a shade worried about the speed Pierro might generate lakeside. But he was 'tranquil' as we jogged down to the lake going through mile one in a chatty 8 mins.

Once on the flat the pace drifted up to 7:20s but I figured I could handle that. The wind was super strong today and it felt like we had to swim through the air from the Jardin Anglais all the way to Geneve plage. Here Pierro suggested it would be fun to run back a little faster to the Jardin Anglais since the wind would assist.

So that's what we did. I lapped the Garim and Pierro set off like a bullet. Suddenly the heat of the sun on the back and the wind behind made going much more quickly feel rather pleasant.

I glanced at the pace, 6:35. I tried not to think about that and just focused on keeping on Pierro's heels. Some where I thought he might have kicked, so could not resist another glance at Garmin who showed 6:20 at which point I decided not one inch beyond the bridge at this pace.

Garim beeped through the fast mile at 6:19. That must be some kind of record. The 7:20s home into the wind actually felt slow after that.

Once again, great to hear Pierro's elite stories and I appreciate the privilege to be able to run with such a super talented bloke.

Made up for last night and some.

Garmin

No comments: