Thursday 22 March 2012

6.6m Gland

Easy evening run, no pressure and much more comfortable with the route now having done this loop a few times I know for sure it is not going to be more than one hour.
At mile one, a guy came out of a farm with a big circular bit of material stretched out over a wooden hoop and jumped in the field calling a weird cry up to the sky. I tried to follow what he was doing. Then I saw the bird of prey, a small eagle swooping and spinning and circling in and down in response to the guy's shouts. Very impressive.
All the fountains in Gland seem to be working now which is great and on the hot evening I took advantage several times.
Looped down to the Plage at Gland to break the horrible long straight route Swiss section. That plus the general slowness meant I had to push a bit and get the last mile done in under TRP which was uphill but ok.
Got back just in time as Paul's group had finished and with stretching off.

Garmin

No comments: