Monday 12 March 2012

6.35m airport hill

Tried to go for an easy run, was feeling tired after the half, ski, ministry meeting before church, sunday school teaching, followed by a sunday school teachers meal in the eve. Phew that was a long day.

Felt like I was going reasonably well when Garmin beeped out a couple of Ken style 9 minute miles. The hill took it's toll and even the bright sun and downhill bit failed to get me going properly.

At the far corner where the woods start there has been alot of digging and at the entrance to the woods there was a crew working on laying the tarmac on the top of the dug out section. I narrowly avoided a scoop full of tarmac as I jumped the whole to get from the road into the woods, they just did not expect me to come around the far side of the truck.

On the way back mile 5 to 6 was 7:21 as on the way down a guy who looked like a foot baller (football shorts and a yellow wind proof) showed up in front of me going reasonably quickly so I decided to get in front of him. He blazed a trail past the ruskis doing u-turns out side their mission and I caught him just after then. Timed the lights nicely going over the place des nations and then I heard him breathing behind me so had to kick again to drop him and did not look back until I was done.

Garmin

No comments: