Thursday 29 April 2010

10x 2min off 1min

Very weak reps today.

Decided last minute to do 10x 2mins on with 1min recovery. Too many miles in the legs. But I'm off for the weekend and next run might not be until Monday and next week needs to be a taper week leading up to the Geneva Half.

Was a hot day and the heat was an issue, I really appreciated the water in the fountains on the route.

Out bound reps were ok, but did not feel fast enough and I had no courage to go faster for fear of not making it back. Garmin confirmed zone 3 on the way out.

Turned back and the wind killed me. Had a wobble on rep 7 and a massive hrt spike - recoved quickly and did the last two passing some guy cruising fast enough to catch me on the recoveries and then I'd catch him on the on sections.

Disappointing stats, close to, but not on the 4min mile pace. Weird as actually better on the longer 4min reps. I guess the wind against was much stronger than I thought, or I was more tired than I though. Probably a combo of both.

No comments: