Tuesday 13 April 2010

6x 800m Reps

Three out three back. Set the fully charged Garmin up in the sun as the world went by. Sunny, but with a chill in the wind when it blew.

Hard to get going on your own, but I did and I tried hard not to stop on the recoveries. 2 mins felt long, but the advantage of a long recovery is that you can, in theory do the next one properly.

Wind was against out bound, which is my excuse for failing to hit target race pace once. Surely the way back would be better? Wind behind, perceived effort high, grrr, still not enough pace. By the last one I was feeling like I'd done enough and it was a struggle to keep going to finish the 293m I had left at the naked lady statue. Final one was the best and only one under target pace of 4min kms. Ave for the six was 4:05 so not far off, but not as fast as Kenny so clearly room for improvement.

Nearly took the guy who runs the tourist train out. Went for the gap between a bloke carrying a child and his train and he tried to get on the train behind the tourist and had to leap out of the way as I screamed through. That will teach him for not addressing me formally yesterday!

May go to the track later this week, but need to be careful not to rack up too much high intensity verses tempo and easy.

No comments: