Thursday 8 April 2010

4x(5on 30r 1on 90r) opps that 9 miles!

Early out and RVD was the naked lady statue for the reps session.

1.31 miles to get there. Bit of chatter to decide when to start and how many out and back to do (Tenke has just run 10km to get to meet me btw!).

We settle on 3 out 1 back.

Tenke's class shows as she eases through the reps, disappearing ahead of me and there is nothing I can to do close the gap. She is kind enough to loop back after 4 mins of the 5 min cycle to meet me on the recovery.

My head is not cleared of the cold and I can feel the chest not filling properly. I try and put an even effort in and hold a decent pace on the fives, but cannot. 2nd rep takes us through the shopping area and a car pulls out and nearly knocks Tenke over then trys to do the same with me. Now we are back down hill on the 3rd cycle on some pleasant back roads. Furthest I've ever been out this way. We head back and the fourth cycle gets us onto the downhill section to the lake and this is the most enjoyable bit. Speed comes easier on the downhill and safe in the knowledge I'm on the last rep. As we finish the final sprint I see a sign that says Geneva 6km. Opps. That's more warm down than I intended. Cleared 4.38 miles on the 4 8min cycles full Garmin stats below (in imperial and metric) and total of 9.03 miles. That counts as a long run too!


Looks like my efforts were consistent, but the sprints could have been harder and the 5mins should have been faster. As Tenke says, we need to do more of this kind of work. Planning a trip to a track next week.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Looking at rep 1 I'd say you've still got the raw speed. Just a case of improving endurance. How about 1 mile reps at 10K pace with 4 minutes recovery?