Saturday 10 April 2010

8.5 miles, Rolle to Aubonne river



Today was my first run with Jason, veteran of several marathons.

Easy run was agreed as Jason is just getting into it after a while of not running and he did pretty well considering his only running prep was a a couple of short runs. But he looks like a runner, because he is a runner. Anyone who has done one marathon, let alone three gets plenty of credit in my book regardless of pace.

Super easy 8.5 miles in 1:27 so TEN FIFTEEN MIN MILE pace - Ken you'd have loved it. All zone 1 & 2 (on the hills).

Jason's company is moving to Perroy so it was familiar territory for him as we headed over that way and I very carefully made sure to turn down towards the lake and not in any way shape or form up.

Turns out the weird looking vines are in fact kiwi trees. Apparently they smell a lot when they flower. We pushed on past the beach through the Aubonne river nature reserve and turned back on about 4 miles. Nice section next to the river and in the woods. Fishermen out on the river.

On the way back as we are coming up to cross the route suisse, Jason glances right and left and mutters "let's go" as he darts across the road busy road like Usain Bolt. Click the link, it is worth it! I just make it though the cars behind him!

As we get to the top of the last hill I'm chatting away and remark how the last time I was at this point in the run I was stuggling and how today I'm still talking, Jason's retort is a classic "Yeah, well I'm still listening!".

I've decided on the way back my tradition will be to run through the grape gates in Perroy, I mention this to Jason and he has another Usain Bolt moment and glances back at me as he goes through the gates "hey, race you to the gates!"

Loop the castle because it is there and take in the "marche des puces" to finish at the Cafe Boulangerie where we eventually enjoy some refreshments.