Sunday 25 April 2010

16m all the way to St. Prex




With the London Marathon on today and the 20km of Lausanne yesterday, it had to be a long run today.

Plans was to go to Luins again to pick up Jason, but he called in sick which is a real shame as he had been out scouting woodland mountain passes for us to explore the night before! So I instantly did an about face and headed of on the flattest route I know around here which is my lovely Aubonne River route.

Oddly, with the PT beasting in the gym it was the pecs and shoulders that held me back until they loosened off. Then Garmin died after 2 miles. Ho hum running free then today.

Woodpecker was going for it in the Aubonne River Forest and I was enjoying the sun rising in front of me and the organic material underfoot was a joy. Over the river and first surprise was a seriously steep hill. Then the route took the forest again and I could see glimpses of the Littoral shopping zone. In Bouchillon there is a house being built, a snip at 2.8 million swiss. Eek.

Before long I started to recognise places and even friend's cars parked up out side their houses. Nice feeling. After that down to St. Prex via the park, made use of the excellent lake side access (well done the commune and landowners for the compromise of a path that is "over" the lake - people get access and no-one gets part of their garden chopped off!) dipped into the main square so I could run under the horloge arch and then down to the pier where I touched the St. Prex sign and then back via the plage des hommes (luckily remembered their is no link with the plage des dammes) and then back the way I came.

Two guys came screaming down behind me on Mountain Bikes and all the gear on. I had to jump out the road. The river crossing slowed them down so much I caught them on the far bank and one of them must have read last week's blog because he carefully held open the gate for me so I would not risk catching anything on the metal. Merci!

At the river I went up to Allaman village and made the mistake of going up again to try to short cut my way to Perroy, ended up in Fechy and added a couple of miles to the route.

Out for a total for 2h 13m and with the below plus the out to the river is 4 and back must have been around 5 I think I did around 16 miles at around 8:20 min mile pace which I am reasonably pleased with.

Aubonne to St. Prex section of the route.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Good mileage - 16 miles is also my longest run of the year. And glad to see you're blogging in miles - I never could get my head around those kilometre things.