Monday 26 April 2010

3.5 miles attempted easy run

Lovely day for an easy recovery run. Garmin suffered death by battery - very annoy as I'm sure I saw a "Charge complete message" on it last night.

Anyway, running free once again. Focused on form. Richard from my beasting in the gym last friday took a look at me on the treadmill warming down. I asked him to show me how my feet were landing on the treadmill. He showed me how my right foot was landing, nicely in the mid sole. Then he showed me a goose step with heel smash. That's what your left foot looks like. Cheers mate.

So off I trotted along the lake side focusing on left foot mid-sole striking. There was a guy with an empty bottle of bacardi and two cocktail cups doing a barman act which was an unusual sight.

Ducked under the parking tunnel at Geneva Plage and into the parks. The perimeter route is great, under the trees it is cool and the path is soft under foot. I spotted a telly tubby ahead and decided I wanted to catch him by the top or else. So I focused on driving the knees and toeing off hard and started to close the gap, just quickly enough to fly past him at the last bit of the hill. HRT through the roof and blown the easy run, but it was fun. I hold the pace for free on the flat and two serious looking guys are tanking along towards me and I receive the nod of acknowledgement among runners who clearly "know what they are doing". Back down the hill avoiding dogs of all shapes and sizes with owners of varing degree of interest too.

Home in 24 mins and some lake side stretching in front of the 100s of people munching their lunch in the sun.

Correction the following is completely wrong:
Manually calculate the route to be 3.5 miles so that's 6:51 pace, so only another 10 miles at that pace would see me around a half marathon sub 90. Dream on.....

I was out for 30 not 24 mins so the ave pace was actually 8:47 so this was indeed a very easy run. I would love to have produced such amazing pace with such easy effort but hey, I'm just not that good.

No comments: